IEE requires that you submit your resume with a link to a video introduction of yourself. Several options are: Drop Shots, Skype or YouTube. This is the first introduction of yourself to IEE and to a prospective employer, so you will want to make sure your video is impressive and professional. You never get a second chance for a first impression.
Sample introductory topics:
- State your name
- What country you are from
- If you are currently enrolled in University, state what degree you are pursuing and when you are going to graduate
- If you have graduated from University state your degree, when you received your degree and if you are currently working, state where you are working and what position you hold with that company
- State why you are interested in participating in an internship/training program in the U.S.
- State the type of position you are interested in participating in
- State when you are available to start the program and how long you would like to participate
- State whether you have ever been to the United States and when and the purpose of your time here (previous J-1 program, here on vacation, studied here)
- List your hobbies (what you like to do for fun)
- State why you feel you would be a good candidate for this program and why you would make a good employee
- Then tell a little bit about yourself - this is what is going to set you apart from other applicants!
Remember, you want to show your personality here in a professional manner!
Congratulations! You are one step closer to live your dreams!
If you are interested in being considered for one of our programs, please fill in and submit the following form. One of IEE's representatives will contact you for an interview.