Please keep in mind that your J-1 program is not a job but a training and cultural experience !
Please complete all documents carefully! Incomplete or insufficient answers will delay the processing of your application.
1. Complete your online registration. Once you start your on line application, you will need to be prepared to complete it from start to finish. You will not be able to log back in to complete it at a later time.
2. Email the following to your IEE representative (in ONE email, please!):
- Color copy of any previous visas (if applicable)
- Color Photo (recently taken)
- Criminal Background Check/Arrest Record
- (2) Current reference Letters (must be dated within one year, signed and on official letterhead) Click here for reference letter guidelines.
- Signed Formal Offer of Training
- If you have graduated, provide English translated certified copy of your university diploma or letter of attendance.
- If you are are still enrolled in university, provide your most recent transcripts. Any translations must be by an official translator.
- One page essay as to why you feel an internship or training program in the United States will benefit your career
5. Last step! Please submit your name below to let us know you have finished the application process.
Intern and Trainee Processing Steps